SWI Class

I have been using Structured Word Inquiry in my Grade 5 classroom for five years.  I didn’t wait to fully understand everything before I took the plunge.  I just jumped in and learned along with my students.  I knew who to ask when I was stuck, I took  online classes when I could, I have read many blogs, talked with others using SWI, and read books.

During the entire time I’ve been using Structured Word Inquiry, I’ve kept a blog.  I’ve also recorded a lot of the activities my students participated in.  Sometimes we prepared lessons to take to the Grade 2 classrooms.  Sometimes my students worked in small groups.  Sometimes the work was individual.  Sometimes we created videos to teach others what we were learning.

In this class, Bringing Structured Word Inquiry into the Classroom, I intend to share the activities that worked really well and give you a plethora of ideas to take back to your classroom.

UPCOMING CLASSES

Monday, July 24      1:30 pm CST
Thursday, July 27     1:30 pm CST
Friday, July 28     1:30 pm CST

***********OR*****************

Monday, July 24      7:00 pm CST
Wednesday, July 26   7:00 pm CST
Monday, July 31st   7:00 pm CST

************OR**********************

Wednesday, August 9    2:30 pm CST
Monday, August 14    2:30 pm CST
Wednesday, August 16   2:30 pm CST

If these dates or times don’t work for you, please send me an email so I know you are interested.  Include dates and/or times that will work for you.  Please include your time zone.  I will be scheduling several more classes this summer, and continue scheduling classes on into the school year.

To register:

1.  Submit payment through my Paypal link.  Include the email you want me to use when contacting you.
  2. I will respond and make sure I know which schedule you are interested in.

Specifics:

Each class will be 90 minutes in length.
All times posted are in Central Standard Time.  Use this link to help convert to your time zone.

Cost is $60.00 for three 90 minute classes, paid through Paypal at this link:  PayPal.Me/MaryBethSteven .

If dates offered do not work for you, please email with your preferences.  I will do my best to coordinate and offer another session.

Contact email teachinfifth@gmail.com

Video of my students:

Here are a few videos of my students and what they learn with SWI: